Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Live-action manga-style Machinima begs the question: What else are we missing???

There's a noisy revolution going on over at the :sick: sims (teleport directly from here) and I've been stone deaf to it. That is, until today when Machinimator Masami Kuramoto introduced me to a whole scene... I mean this is just the tip of a gigantic iceberg that's been sitting over there; more like roaring over there... my gawd, here's a video that was added to youtube in June, 2007... and there are 13 others! After watching like the fourth vid, I shook my head and asked myself, "how did I miss it all?"

Take this manga inspired live-action superhero flick. It's loaded with tokusatsu and monsters, and it even has subtitles, for crying out loud. I googled it to see if anyone else in our English language world had uncovered this gem... and only one person had, that I could tell. Yep. That would be Torley Linden. We gotta listen to Torley more.

The intro credits feature a lot of English jibberish... but the real film begins at 1:17 minutes.



The main person behind this and other:sick: stuff: mk curtiz. More on him real soon, and the other people who surely deserve credit but I don't know any better.

So... what else are we missing 'cause we don't speak Japanese?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very clever! This machinima faithfully recreates the typical qualities and style associated with anime. An incredible amount of care and effort obviously went into this. Impressive.

▓▒░ TORLEY ░▒▓ said...

Betina! Thanx for doing your research and for the mention. I get so enthused when I find a gem like this. I watched Appleseed Ex Machinima the other night with my wife, and while the plot isn't all that original, the action is TOP-notch, some of the best in the world — incredibly fluid and dynamic.

I've tended to be a magnet for Japanese culture stuffs in SL... many Japanese Resis have been so nice to me, and shared their creations my way.

Keep up the great work on NIPRL, I really appreciate hearing about your travels and new places you discovered. Long ago, I was a prolific Grid explorer... haven't had the time more recently so I live vicariously here! :)

Bettina Tizzy said...

Ah, Torley! Friendly greetings! :D We all walk in your shadow when it comes to finding and reporting on the cool stuff... and there is soooo much of it! Just this week, several of us have been commenting that the pace and quality of content creation has exploded in the past two or three months, too. Add to this any exchange of information with people of other languages and cultures, and it makes the head spin. And for you, I remain: Betina.

Anonymous said...

I love this machinima series! The sim is great... They did an awesome job on this..
A lot of work behind without any doubt!!
Do you have other great machinimators in mind?