Sunday, September 30, 2007

Party envy: Extreme NPIRL Rules of Conduct

NPIRL'er artoo Magneto continues to horribly disabuse me of the notion that I might be hip. A few days ago I shared the following with the NPIRL clan...

~tp to THIS! instant cool by artoo~
I'm writing this blurb while sitting on the uber hip, uber tech anyMOTION sim... this is artoo Magneto's world, a mix of NPIRL with a hint of Teletubbie chic (don't let this put you off!)...


Toys and architecture with a James Bond-ish sensibility and brio.

Music varies from luscious Billie Holiday grooves to broadcasts direct from DJ Deep Mix Moscow Radio

Epicea Eilde hangs here...

and... well... I am wondering if I'm hip enough/cool enough to pull this off...

This is a place you will want to wander around *completely.* Don't miss the Trash Palace shop even...


Merchandise selection is a blast. Amidst the items for purchase there's artwork everywhere... just cause... like this VisualWall by Dave Attenborou.

This place is not yet finished... a few weeks away from completion. AM Radio... thanks for introducing us to artoo :D BTW, you guys, if you can persuade artoo to give you a ride on his speed boat... you will be in for some serious SL fun.
SLURL: artoo, anyMOTION
***
Then yesterday, artoo put me in my place again (coolness factor: left-of-zero) when he tp'ed me in to a party at the residence of the rezzidents. There's no butler or bot here to announce your arrival. Rather, you are transported (and here I apologize for how dark this pic is) via a bubble down a slot...

I cannot even offer you a slurl or landmark because...

It was here that I found artoo Magneto. He wasn't dancing. He and his friend were... um... I'm searching for the word... beaming?

Artoo glides...

Meanwhile, up in the air, there was another NPIRL'er, AM Radio, (shown here on the right) taking a break I guess, from making the astonishingly beautiful things that we so admire.

The thing of it is... this isn't about grandstanding. It just seems to come naturally to them, and it is fun to see.

Note to self: Rethink the boundaries of everything you do.

0 comments: